Posted on: March 2, 2023
Whistlebrook is seeking a Regulatory Reporting Consultant Developer to join our team.
The hybrid working role will combine working from home, in either of our offices, (Tring, Hertfordshire or St Ives, Cambridge), and less frequently, at our customers’ sites.
The role reports to the senior leadership responsible for the integration, configuration and customisation of our Regulatory Reporting solution, WIRES®.
The opportunity would suit individuals currently:
- carrying out regulatory reporting who would like to be more involved in the technical aspects of delivering regulatory reporting capabilities
- providing development support for financial systems who wish to engage more with the end-users and to influence and be involved with development streams
You must have 2 years’ experience in the following:
In developing or configuring regulatory reporting tools or systems for banks and/or building societies.
As an end user in regulatory reporting within a bank and/or a building society.
As a developer of similar back-office systems supporting the financial sector.
Any of the following experience is desirable:
- A working knowledge of the directives and legislation that underpin regulatory reporting
- Use of Excel reporting
- An understanding of MS SQL Server queries and stored procedures
- Experience of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) data transformation
Candidates must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
You will enjoy collaboration, variety in your work and the opportunity to personally grow.
You will be comfortable with customer engagement, managing stakeholders and their expectations.
You will be motivated to take responsibility and ownership in the areas in which you are involved. .
To liaise with the Regulatory Reporting SME to understand upcoming regulatory changes.
To review and interpret those regulatory changes and determine the actions required to reflect these in the software.
To engage with customers at differing levels of seniority to communicate and discuss regulatory changes, to capture customers’ specific requirements and to trouble-shoot any support issues that may arise.
To document customers’ requirements in the form of specifications, and to be involved in the resulting development. To take ownership for the unit testing of any development work you complete. This development will require you to apply existing or acquired skills both in SQL Server queries and SQL Server Integration Services.
You will be closely supported by both our Regulatory Reporting SME and our Senior Consultant as well as the Whistlebrook technical and support team. Comprehensive training and opportunities to expand your role in the longer term will be encouraged.
- The salary will be £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience.
- Life insurance at 4 times salary
- Pension contribution by the company 3% rising to 5% after 2 years
- Opportunity to make salary sacrifice additional contributions and retain the National Insurance savings
- Private medical after 1 year service with option to add your spouse or dependants at the marginal cost
- 22 days paid leave rising to 25 days plus birthday bonus day
- Opportunity to buy or sell days leave
- Employee Assistance Programme with counselling sessions available and specific support to care for your mental health
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Participation in the annual staff bonus scheme; prorated in first year of employment
At Whistlebrook we embrace diversity in all its forms and do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal information will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equality act.
As part of our hiring process, new employees will be required to pass a confidential consumer credit check and DBS check.
You will have at least one character and one professional reference we can take up prior to employment commencing.